Monday, November 17, 2008

Suryanamaskar A

Today I needed a new beginning, a clean slate. So I spent an hour and a half slowly going through the ritual of suryanamaskar A--with some little variations as my body instructed. I took long, deliberate breaths, and closed my eyes. I loved raising my arms to the skies in gratitude, and bowing to the earth with awe. I am seeking a new way to approach the things I am oh so passionate about. This morning was refreshing. Now, if only I could have an entire week of ritual.

1 comment:

sarah sample said...

beautiful anna. I loved that you did this ritual. you are so amazing to me. I have a friend in seattle who teaches a yoga class once a week to the ward sisters. She admitted to me yesterday that she found your blog from mine, and reads it all the time. She felt inspired by it many times! bravo