Monday, June 23, 2008

Yet Another First: My First Real Injury



Remember my first fall? I have finally pegged it as the culprit for my incredibly sore deltoids. Since my fall out of handstand I have barely been able to do chaturanga...I'm lucky if I can do it with my knees on the ground for support. So I must have overlooked my shouler injury at first because I was taking care of my nose bleed. It's been two weeks since that fateful day. It's hard to be patient. I want to do chaturanga oh so badly, but just when I think I'm feeling better I give it a go, but I end up wincing with pain. This is what I am constantly telling my students to look for: pain versus discomfort. Chaturanga can be very uncomfortable when you are fatigued or just learning, but this is a sharp pain I am experiencing...no matter how energized I feel.

So for now I will work on practicing patience.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

So, what exactly happened? You got a nose bleed? It must have been a whacker. I hope you are going to check it out, if it doesn't get better.