Friday, May 30, 2008

A Bit Overwhelmed

Before I moved to Sacramento I was confident I could find a teaching job within a couple of months. Now that I'm here I'm feeling a little doubtful. As I've researched all the yoga studios in the area I realize what an infant I am in the world of yoga. Most teachers have at least a decade of experience under their belts as well as multiple teacher trainings (I've done a measly two).

I am trying not to get down about it, and have tried to readjust my expectations. Perhaps my time in Sacramento should be a time for me to be a full-time yoga student. To learn all I can from as many different schools as possible.

When I am honest with myself I admit that I am not as into the journey as I would like to be. I'm constantly planning ahead and looking to the future. I want to be perfect now. Obviously I am not quite ready to teach at the level I want to. That takes years...for everyone. For now I will be happy being a student, and teaching in a more casual atmosphere when the opportunity arises.

No comments: