Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Yoga Needs Some Joy

I went with my husband last night to see the Alvin Ailey Dance Company perform at Kingsbury Hall. It was absolutely inspiring and incredible. As I watched the dancers move in a way that was unreserved and powerful, I realized what I was missing in my own yoga practice: joy. I have no problem being deliberate, compassionate, or mindful in my practice...but I am usually all too serious. I need to make my yoga a dance, and something from the most joy-filled parts of my whole being. This morning I tried some "joy" yoga...it was oh so fantastic! I'm also signing up for a few dance classes to get my body moving and to tap into that flow.

1 comment:

sarah sample said...

yay ann! I have seen alvin ailey a few times and almost everytime I am in tears at the shear beauty and ability they bring to the stage. it is remarkable! you are remarkable too!
-ss